Monday, January 12, 2009

I know, I know. It's been awhile.






Ok, so maybe I'm not as good at this as I thought I would be. :) I've got so much going on, it's ridiculous. I started Baking & Pastry last Monday when we went back to school from the holidays. Last week was all breads. My friends and I all agree that it's a little boring. Basically, we're mixing dough, then waiting for it to proof and then bake. So, there's definitely a little more free time.
We did make pizza last week, that was pretty good. We've made baguettes, sourdough, brioche, wheat rolls, rye bread (yucky), blueberry muffins (yum), beignets (!!!!), and much more to come.
The pics are of my pizza, we weren't graded on it. It was just for fun. All the bread in the class - thought it was pretty impressive. Beignets - after eating a couple, first :). And my BEAUTIFUL muffins, which were divine...
I'll try to do a little better with this. :)

3 comments:

arr-jay said...

I am always so hungry after looking at your blog.

But a girl's gotta eat, so please keep posting! :-)

l.d.harris said...

Was wondering when this update would FINALLY come!!

We do love our bread though :)

Bethanie said...

Now, you've had a field day for Bethanie! Bread! YUM!